June 08, 2018
Goggles4u Eyeglasses ("G4U" or "We") respect your privacy and are committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
This policy applies to information we collect:
- On our Websites;
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and our support team;
- When you purchase any product from Goggles4u Eyeglasses.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- Us offline or through any other means, including on any other website;
- Any third party, including through any application or content (including advertising) that may be accessible to public.
2. Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect different types of information about you, including information that may directly identify you, information that is about you but individually does not personally identify you, and information that we combine with information from our other users. This includes information that we collect directly from you or through automated collection technologies.
When you purchase our products or use our Website, subscribe to our newsletter, respond to a survey, fill out a form or join us on social media platforms, we collect several types of information about you, specifically information:
- By which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline ("Personal Data");
- That is about you but individually does not identify you, such as traffic data, location data, logs, referring/exit pages, date and time of your visit to our Websites, error information, clickstream data, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website; and/or
- About your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website and usage details.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us; and
- Automatically as you navigate through the Website. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies.
Information You Provide to Us
The information we collect on or through our Website are:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website.
- Information that you provide as part of the purchasing of our products. This information includes your name, prescription, email address, and physical address.
- Information that you provide as part of email messages.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us, including when you report a problem with the product, or the Website;
- Details of transactions you carry out through our Website of the fulfillment of your orders. You may be required to provide financial information before placing an order through our Website.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns. We collect:
details of your visits to our Website, specifically traffic data, location data, logs, referring/exit pages, date and time of your visit to our Website, error information, clickstream data, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website;
Information about your computer, mobile device, and internet connection, email or calendar client, specifically your IP address, mobile device make and model, operating system, and browser type.
The information we collect automatically may include Personal Data or we may maintain it or associate it with Personal Data we collect in other ways or receive from you or other third parties. It helps us to offer you with the appropriate products, improve our services, and to deliver a better and more personalized service by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns;
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests;
- Recognize you when you return to our Website or use our services.
Cookies and Similar Technologies Used on Our Website
Web Beacons. Pages of our Website, or HTML emails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit us, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
Third Party Cookies (Google Analytics). Goggles4U uses Google Analytics to help analyze how our users use the site. Google Analytics is a free tool that uses "cookies," which are text files placed on your computer, to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behavior information in an anonymous form. The information generated by the cookie about your use of the Website (including IP address) is transmitted to Google. This information is then used to evaluate visitors' use of the Website and to compile statistical reports on website activity for Goggles4U. They may also use this information to provide you with interest-based (behavioral) advertising and other targeted content. We do not control their tracking technologies or how they may be used.
You may choose to accept or decline cookies. Most Web browsers automatically default to accept them, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies. If you reject cookies by changing your browser settings then be aware that this may disable some of the functionality on our Website.
3. Lawful Basis for Processing Your Personal Data
We have a lawful basis for our processing of your Personal Data, including processing for our legitimate interests (when balanced against your rights and freedoms), to fulfill our obligations to you, required by law, and with your consent.
If you are in the European Union, the processing of your Personal Data is lawful only if it is permitted under the applicable data protection laws. We have a lawful basis for each of our processing activities (except when an exception applies as described below):
- Legitimate Interests. We will process your Personal Data as necessary for our legitimate interests. Our legitimate interests are balanced against your rights and freedoms and we do not process your Personal Data if your rights and freedoms outweigh our legitimate interests. Specifically, our legitimate interests are to: facilitate communication between Goggles4U and you; promote and market our business; aggregate non-identifiable data in order to offer new products, and improve our services;
- To Fulfill Our Obligations to You: We process your Personal Data in order to fulfill our obligations to you pursuant to our commitment with you; and
- As Required by Law. We may also process your Personal Data when we are required or permitted to by law; to comply with government inspection, audits, and other valid requests from government or other public authorities; to respond to legal process; or as necessary for us to protect our interests or otherwise pursue our legal rights and remedies (for instance, when necessary to prevent or detect fraud, attacks against our network, or other criminal and tortious activities), defend litigation, and manage complaints or claims.
4. Special Categories of Information
Goggles4U does not ask you to provide, and we do not knowingly collect, any special categories of Personal Data from you that may be considered sensitive, including personal data that reveals your racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious, philosophical beliefs, or trade unions membership, or the processing of data concerning your health or data concerning your sex life or sexual orientation or history of criminal convictions.
5. How We Use Your Information
We use your Personal Data for various purposes described below, mostly involved in providing the service and collecting payment.
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any Personal Data:
- To present our Website and to personalize your experience;
- To provide you with information about the products that you request from us;
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it;
- To provide you with information about your order;
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from agreement between you and Goggles4U related to your order and our commitment, including for billing and collection;
- To notify you about changes to our Website or update on your order;
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information; and
- For any other purpose with your consent.
With your consent, we may also use your information to contact you to offer any new products or deals that may be of interest to you. If you wish to stop this, you may do so at any time by sending us an email stating your request at [email protected].
6. Disclosure of Your Information
- To service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep Personal Data confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them. Specifically, these entities provide infrastructure support services, and payment processing services.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information;
- To the recipients of your Communications that you specify; and
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your Personal Data:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request;
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Goggles4U, our clients, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
7. How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We offer you choices on how you can opt out of our use of tracking technology, disclosure of your Personal Data for third-parties to advertise to you, our advertising to you, and other targeted advertising.
We do not control the collection and use of your information collected by third parties described above in Disclosure of Your Information. When possible, these organizations are under contractual obligations to use this data only for providing the services to us and to maintain this information strictly confidential. These third parties may, however, aggregate the information they collect with information from their other customers for their own purposes. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of the recipients of your Communications, who may forward them to other third parties or otherwise disclose them.
In addition, we strive to provide you with choices regarding the Personal Data you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with control over your Personal Data:
- Promotional Offers from Goggles4U. We will only use your contact information to promote our own products with your express consent. If you wish to withdraw your consent to such use, you may do so at any time by sending us an email stating your request to [email protected]. If we have sent you a promotional email, you may click on the unsubscribe link at the bottom of the email to be omitted from future email distributions. This opt out does not apply to information provided to us as a result of your order of any of our products or subscription to our newsletter, or other transactions.
- Targeted Advertising. We will only use information that we collect or you provide to deliver advertisements according to our advertisers' target-audience preferences with your express consent. If you wish to withdraw your consent, you may do so at any time by sending us an email stating your request to [email protected]. For this opt-out to function, you must have your browser set to accept browser cookies.
8. Your Rights Regarding Your Information and Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You may have certain rights under applicable data protection laws, including the right to access and update your Personal Data, restrict how it is used, transfer certain Personal Data to another controller, withdraw your consent at any time, and the right to have us erase certain Personal Data about you. You also have the right to complain to a supervisory authority about our processing of your Personal Data.
Applicable data protection laws may provide you with certain rights with regards to our processing of your Personal Data.
- Access and Update. You can review and change your Personal Data by notifying us through the contact information below of any changes or errors in any Personal Data we have about you to ensure that it is complete, accurate, and as current as possible. We may not be able to accommodate your request if we believe it would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
- Restrictions. You have the right to restrict our processing of your Personal Data under certain circumstances. In particular, you can request we restrict our use of it if you contest its accuracy, if the processing of your Personal Data is determined to be unlawful, or if we no longer need your Personal Data for processing, but we have retained it as permitted by law.
- Portability. To the extent the Personal Data you provide Goggles4U is processed based on your consent or that we process it through automated means, you have the right to request that we provide you a copy of, or access to, all or part of such Personal Data in structured, commonly used and machine-readable format. You also have the right to request that we transmit this Personal Data to another controller, when technically feasible.
- Withdrawal of Consent. To the extent that our processing of your Personal Data is based on your consent, you may withdraw your consent at any time by closing your account. Withdrawing your consent will not, however, affect the lawfulness of the processing based on your consent before its withdrawal, and will not affect the lawfulness of our continued processing that is based on any other lawful basis for processing your Personal Data.
- You have the right to request that we delete all of your Personal Data. We cannot delete your Personal Data except by also deleting your user account, and we will only delete your account when we no longer have a lawful basis for processing your Personal Data or after a final determination that your Personal Data was unlawfully processed. We may not accommodate a request to erase information if we believe the deletion would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect. In all other cases, we will retain your Personal Data as set forth in this policy. In addition, we cannot completely delete your Personal Data as some data may rest in previous backups. These will be retained for the periods set forth in our disaster recovery policies.
- Complaints. You have the right to lodge a complaint with the applicable supervisory authority in the country you live in, the country you work in, or the country where you believe your rights under applicable data protection laws have been violated. However, before doing so, we request that you contact us directly in order to give us an opportunity to work directly with you to resolve any concerns about your privacy.
- How You May Exercise Your Rights. You may exercise any of the above rights by contacting us. If you contact us to exercise any of the foregoing rights, we may ask you for additional information to verify your identity. We reserve the right to limit or deny your request if you have failed to provide sufficient information to verify your identity or to satisfy our legal and business requirements.
9. Do Not Track Signals
We may use automated data collection technologies to track you across websites. We currently do not honor do-not-track signals that may be sent by some browsers.
We also may use automated data collection technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services (behavioral tracking). Some web browsers permit you to broadcast a signal to websites and online services indicating a preference that they "do not track" your online activities. At this time, we do not honor such signals and we do not modify what information we collect or how we use that information based upon whether such signal is broadcast or received.
10. Data Security
Information transmitted over the Internet is never completely secure, but we do our best to protect your Personal Data. You can help protect your Personal Data and other information by making sure you don't remain logged in on shared devices and making sure you have good passwords on personal devices. We don't have any systems that currently ask you to create a password, but when and if we do, please follow good password practices.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your Personal Data from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. We offer the use of a secure server. All supplied sensitive/credit card information is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into our gateway providers database only to be accessible by those authorized with special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. Any payment transactions and Communications processed by us is encrypted both in transit and at rest.
11. Consent to Processing of Personal Data in the United States
We may process your Personal Data outside of your home country, including to the United States. We only do this when we are legally permitted to do so and when we have appropriate safeguards in place to protect your Personal Data.
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area ("EEA"), in order to provide our services to you, we may send and store your Personal Data outside of the EEA, including to the United States. Accordingly, your Personal Data may be transferred outside the country where you reside or are located, including to countries that may not or do not provide an adequate level of protection for your Personal Data.
12. Data Retention Periods
We retain your Personal Data for as long as you keep your account open. In some instances, we may keep it after you close your account, for example we may keep it:
- On our backup and disaster recovery systems;
- For as long as necessary to protect our legal interests; and
- To comply with other legal requirements.
Goggles4U will retain your Communications for only as long as necessary to provide you with the Services. After retention of your Communications is no longer necessary, as applicable:
- For as long as necessary to comply with any legal requirement;
- On our backup and disaster recovery systems in accordance with our backup and disaster recovery policies and procedures;
- For as long as necessary to protect our legal interests or otherwise pursue our legal rights and remedies; and
- For data that has been aggregated or otherwise rendered anonymous in such a manner that you are no longer identifiable, indefinitely.
14. Contact Information
If you wish to contact us about any of the information in this policy, or about anything else, our information is below.
12611 Hiddencreek Way, Unit F/G
Cerritos, CA 90703, USA